Friday, May 9, 2008

fibroids

So, I don't know for sure, but I've got a feeling I might have fibroids.  Or at least that something's wrong down there. Fibroids would make sense, though.  I don't know what 'heavy flow' is, don't pay attention, but some of hte other symptoms I have and it'd explain why my periods went from pain free to excruciating in just a few years.  And if not, well, it might turn out to be something else while I'm finding out.

The problem is... I don't want to find out.  I'd have to go to the gynecologist, have them poke around inside me, and possibly go through several other procedures involving things being inside my uterus.  I don't want to go through that.  and then it's probably expensive, who knows what the cost of fixing it would be, and dad's insurance is wonky.  I don't know, I just don't feel like I can deal with this right now.  (3 counselor's have told me I worry too much over my parents' finances, so, that's not helping.)

And who'm I supposed to ask?  I don't want to ask either parent.  It's just weird talking about girl problems with your dad, and mom can be weird when it comes to medical junk.  I had a cyst and she told me to put heat on it, which turned out to be the worst thing you could do.

2 comments:

yewberry said...

If you feel that something is amiss the best course is always to get it checked. If it's nothing you have your peace of mind. If it is something you have caught it early and if it is expensive to fix it'll always be cheaper fixing it earlier than fixing it late.

:-) Whatever you do, I hope you get better soon! *hugs*

Dreki said...

*sigh* I know. I just really don't want to. Gynecologists are scary. -_-